soundcheck;626763 Wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> After a bit of testing. I'm more confused then before:
>
> When it comes to sox resampling parameters I'd say that below lines
> can do. It's not that far away form the inital post of the thread.
> I do output 24bit and a fixed 96khz.
>
> I left out gain adjust. Dithering is gone since I got 24bit on the
> output
> for now.
>
> I'm not 100% sure yet if to continue with n*44.1 rates.
>

> flc flc * *
> # FT:{START=--skip=%t}U:{END=--until=%v}
> [flac] -dcs $START$ $END$ -- $FILE$ | [sox] -q -t wav - -t flac -C 0
> -rate -v -s -I 96000
>
> flc flc * *
> # FT:{START=--skip=%t}U:{END=--until=%v}
> [flac] -dcs $START$ $END$ -- $FILE$ | [sox] -q -t wav - -t flac -C 0
> -rate -v -s 96000
>

> However. I continued to look for the best resampler. I tried most of
> those those freeware types.
>
> Some folks at AA suggested to try iZotope or Audition 3 instead of Sox.
>
> I did some testing with iZotope (soundforge pro trial version).
> I also downloaded Samplitude 11 Pro Trial.
>
> All I can say so far is that iZotope seems to do a better job then
> Sox.
> All files were offline resampled.
>
> Samplitude Trial won't let me save the files. It's not that easy to
> compare to the others. Still it sounds very promising.

These lines still add dither. The second time you offer a commandline
that doesn´t do what you decsribe it to do. You should check before
posting...

I´m really interested how you rate your resampling and why clipping is
a non-issue suddenly. Do you allow aliasing and how much aliasing? If
no aliasing, why not? What bandwith? Steep or slow Filter? What phase
response 10, 25, 30 or even 50? Dither yes or no and what kind?
What is the advantage/disadvantage of using the corresponding setting
with sox against iZotope and what settings exactly you choosed in your
comparison?

Since you give a recommendation i guess you checked all that?

There were several people before that even had deep knowledge about the
mathematics behind that stuff and no one can proclaim to know the "best"
way doing it because there isn´t.

--
Wombat

Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA
monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers