FunkyMonkey;636019 Wrote:
> Sorry, I meant WIFI vs ethernet. In my system they don't sound the same
> - connection via ethernet sounds more "forward" and has a tighter
> soundstage, which in my opinion makes it inferior to WIFI. Tried
> different etherent cables so it's not a cable issue imho. Puzzled with
> this because everyone else reports ethernet superiority :/

Sorry, can't help here. internet connection is zeros and ones. Works or
doesn't work. This is not analog.  ethernet cables either work or don't
work. They can't sound "better" or "worse" (well, there could be
grounding issues with shielded CAT6 for example, is this your potential
problem?).

Ethernet doesn't sound better than wifi, it is just more stable as it
doesn't suffer from signal strength or interference issues.  Before you
go any further on this issue, I'd recommend that you have someone change
connection between wifi and ethernet so that you don't know which is
which. Listen to these "A" and "B" connection options (without knowing
which is which) and do each option as long as you like (minutes, hours,
days). And when done, see if you can really pick out the ethernet vs
wifi connection in terms of sound quality. I'd be shocked if you could.
Of course if there is buffering on the WIFI then that's a dead giveaway.
Otherwise, you may be imagining things. The mind is a strange thing.

--
garym