In my own covered outdoor environments, I've found that the Boom works
very nicely.  I abandoned my wiring projects altogether once I had my
first Boom.

Stereo issues won't arise, since the Boom's speakers are conjoined
twins, and stereo is only really produced at close range.  Two Booms
(if required) could be synced and produce a very nice effect over a
large space.

And, of course, they can be used in uncovered environments in clement
weather, and regardless of where they are, they easily moved under
cover.

Sound is better than most "outdoor" speakers.

R.

--
RonM