After some days of listening with various TT3.0 configurations I believe
that the sound is more defined and detailed than TT2.0 but this has a
price : everything is much more "digital" (I mean more artificial)
especially the voices and , in some way, all the instruments situated
in the middle frequencies.With a lack of depth and substance in the
middle frequencies you perceive too much the high frequencies and this
is the reason why everything seems so artificial.
You can minimize this only if EVERY TT3.0 option is turned on.I mean
even screen off (tt -d) and InfraRed off( tt -ir)(so you need and
iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch or a PC to control your SBT ) , I mean even
Vollock (tt -v) and the daemon killer mod (tt -k).In this situation
(every TT3.0 Option turned on) and with a buffer size of 4.000 us (the
only modification I made from the default values) the sound in my
system is defined and detailed and enough natural. Overall better than
TT2.0.
In my System (mainly a naim system : Netgear Ultra Pro Nas
->Touch->Naim DAC with Teddy Pardo XPS Power SupplY->Naim Pre with Naim
Power Supply->Two mono 135 naim amps -> Jean Marie Reynaud Studio 3
Speakers ) the squeezeebox server software doesn't make the difference
: the sound is almost the same with 7.6.1 , with 7.6.2 ,with 7.7.0 and
with the new 7.7.1.

--
Mr Bellow