soundcheck;672111 Wrote:
> Hi Phil.
>
> Thx for repeating what's been said and written several times. ;)
>
> It's all about noise and interferences and EMI/RFI and poor grounding
> and poor shielding and poluted power lines and and and....
>

> Your recommendation about avoiding CAT6 doesn't have a basis. The
> cables are 100% compatible. And these better cables do have a very
> positve impact on the physical side.
> Shorter cables and signal refreshing at a shorter distance towards the
> client will obviously also have a positive impact.
>
> Let me quote from here: http://www.broadbandutopia.com/caandcaco.html
>

> If I had to choose I'd go for a better cable. We're talking about
> peanuts here. STill. Even Cat 6 is not Cat 6. ( I linked to a study on
> my blog almost a year ago.)
>
> And obviously cables make quite a significant difference ( in audiphile
> terms -- IT meets audio) on our application.
>
> Please try to avoid talking things down again. You're just pushing THE
> button again.  Come up with real live examples that you have tested
> by yourself as Guido is doing it. Staying on the theoretical side of
> the fence won't get us any further. Thx.
>
> Cheers
>
> P.S: The fiber solution could in fact be an interesting alternative.

I wasn't "talking anything down".
No one is pushing any button - except you with your bizarre reaction to
almost anything I post. I'm trying to propose explanations - you really
shouldn't have any problem with that.

Anecdotal evidence such as "I changed to Cable X and it sounded much
better" is completely meaningless to anyone apart from the person that
wrote it.

Cat 6 and Cat 5 DO behave differently in terms of RFI rejection etc.
The connectors and cable are physically different but fully compatible
on the purely physical level (ie you can plug them in the same places)
as you well know.

Galvanic isolation is important and ethernet shielding is relevant
here.

Actually I am listening to an "ethernet over fibre" link (1m) between
router and Touch at the moment. So, you jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Do you really want this thread to consist only of posts that say
"I installed TT 3 and a switch between router and Touch and now
everything sounds wonderful"?

... or would you like to make some progress towards a slightly better
understanding and towards improving things even further?

There is no known scientific reason apart from RFI/EMI/noise that can
explain audible differences caused by only changing the nature of the
ethernet connection cable. Assuming of course the differences are
really there.

Or maybe you have an explanation?

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1
DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's,
ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus
Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.