Mennace;683313 Wrote:
> anyway, I think it's cool we have a little control of SPDIF, this IS the
> first thing going into the system, just as important as the speakers &
> roomthe only time the SPDIF is going to make any discernible difference is
through reduced jitter.  The Touch has already been shown to have low
jitter, why not take some measurements and demonstrate the improvements
all the tweaking brings about.  Seriously, I don't think I've ever read
as many audiophile superlatives as are in the Touch mod threads
anywhere in any medium.  Any audiofool magazine looking to recruit
reviewers need look no further than that thread.

and I'll say it again, I cannot help but wonder how many of the
tweakers have the equipment and listening space to be able to resolve
and discern the so called differences.  Is it any wonder even the
tweakers are finding the outcome of the tweaks are not universal?  Now
I suppose that comes down to differences in quality or function of
components in the Touch.  It couldn't possibly be that the tweaks are
actually meaningless.

dasmueller;683315 Wrote:
> this is not the newcomer forum, so we need to be conscience of them and
> taylor our discussusions here?  This has got to be a fairly specialized
> forum, I doubt 95% of the people ever see this "audiophile" forumActually,
> this forum used to be a place of reasoned discussion where
many of the participants had a lot to offer in terms of technical
knowledge and experience.  People looking to learn or glean insight
into particular aspects of audio were able to gain a lot of insight by
participating in this "audiophile" forum.  With the current
proliferation of baseless BS, that's no longer the case, the S/N ratio
in this forum is out of control and many of the former participants are
no longer here for that very reason.

--
audiomuze

*'Linux finally gets a great audio tagger'
(http://www.ubuntugeek.com/linux-finally-gets-a-great-audio-tagger.html):
'puddletag' (http://puddletag.sourceforge.net/)*