audiomuze;683331 Wrote:
> the only time the SPDIF is going to make any discernible difference is
> through reduced jitter.  The Touch has already been shown to have low
> jitter, why not take some measurements and demonstrate the improvements
> all the tweaking brings about.  Seriously, I don't think I've ever read
> as many audiophile superlatives as are in the Touch mod threads
> anywhere in any medium.  Any audiofool magazine looking to recruit
> reviewers need look no further than that thread.
>
> and I'll say it again, I cannot help but wonder how many of the
> tweakers have the equipment and listening space to be able to resolve
> and discern the so called differences.  Is it any wonder even the
> tweakers are finding the outcome of the tweaks are not universal?  Now
> I suppose that comes down to differences in quality or function of
> components in the Touch.  It couldn't possibly be that the tweaks are
> actually meaningless.
>
> Actually, this forum used to be a place of reasoned discussion where
> many of the participants had a lot to offer in terms of technical
> knowledge and experience.  People looking to learn or glean insight
> into particular aspects of audio were able to gain a lot of insight by
> participating in this "audiophile" forum.  With the current
> proliferation of baseless BS, that's no longer the case, the S/N ratio
> in this forum is out of control and many of the former participants are
> no longer here for that very reason.

don't you see it is you who is using baseless generalisations to back
your viewpoint, if people are reporting improvements does that not
warrant some investigation by the naysayers rather than name calling
and not invented here behaviour.

it says something that no one comments about PandaSharka's vile
diatribe and yet anyone tweaking gets the full treatment.

your arguments about tweaking effectively mean that the whole TT3.0
thread and TT3.0 methodology is worthless according to you. there were
no complaints until people started tweaking priorities, which is
exactly what TT3.0 does amongst other outlandish things, and yet I have
seen no point by point demolition of Soundcheck;s ideas.

It's obvious there are those who are so biased against any unofficial
change that we shall have to agree to disagree, the tweakers will
continue suggesting changes and reporting their fidings and the
naysayers will continue saying enough of that sort of thing.

--
SBGK