magiccarpetride;685996 Wrote:
> I am aware that Tiger balm is just a pile of superstition, but hey, it
> works for me despite the fact that I'm fully aware of the sham.

You have confirmed my point - for you, it still works even though you
know it's a lie! Perhaps, to be fair to people who come after us on
what is, after all, a public forum, you should put the above quote in
your signature. It puts your opinions on audio matters in their proper
context.
magiccarpetride;685996 Wrote:

> The pharmaceutical pain killers, on the other hand, have been proven to
> create addiction.

Somehwhat of a generalisation, I think. Let's not get into the "natural
= good, man-made = bad" nonsense.
magiccarpetride;685996 Wrote:

> I like your enthusiasm. It's like saying we can reverse-engineer some
> world famous wine. Yes, a bottle of wine contains many measurable
> parameters, but it would be utterly naive to believe that by measuring
> a whole bunch of parameters found in that wine sample one can then turn
> around, go to the lab, and produce the exact replica.
In theory, as a species who has deconstructed the human genome,
analysing and then replicating chemically a bottle of wine, or anything
else, is trivial. The practicalities are of course different.
But in the case of an electrical conductor, where there are only three
parameters...

--
darrell