Reading through this thread and several other threads here in the
Audiophiles section I've noticed similar pattern running through these
threads.

On one side there are the people who claim to hear differences in the
sound of their system as a result of all kinds of tweaks. These
differences range from slight improvements to "oh my god" major
improvements.

On the other side are the people who claim that these tweaks cannot
possibly make any difference in the sound of one's system.

I would like to land somewhere in the middle of these two belief
systems. Namely that these tweaks might make a difference but, at best,
it is going to be a very small difference and that difference may or may
not be an improvement.

For example take power cords. Why would a high end audio equipment
manufacturer trying to build a cost no object, state of the art piece
of equipment not go through the trouble of providing the best sounding
power cord? Simple because power cords do not make much of difference.

Beyond the class of tweaks concerned with proper system setup most
tweaks offer little in way of improvement. Tweaks, like everything else
in audio, fall victim to the old law of diminishing returns and adding
more and more tweaks will not result in additive improvements.

So tweak to your heart's content. However please don't tell us how this
or that tweak made a HUGE improvement and then try to back up your claim
with pseudo-science. Most of the real science only proves that, at best,
the tweak can only make a very minor difference and that difference may
or may not be an improvement.

--
ralphpnj

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels -> Snatch -> The Transporter ->
Transporter 2 (oops) -> Touch