soundcheck;686882 Wrote:
> Phil.
>
> You're "again" wrong. And you never seem to understand.
>
> A bit got a logical value AND a physical shape. (It's been even
> mentioned earlier in this thread)
>
> For you as an IT person the logical value is obvisously the only thing
> you're interested in. That also explains your overall and "buffer"
> logic.
>
> For me as an audio+it person I'm interested in the logical value AND
> the physical shape and conditions.
> I can tell you that'll give you a much wider perspective.
>
> Anyhow. I give it up on you. You doesn't seem to be able to cross your
> pretty narrow IT universe.
>

> Enjoy.
>
> P.S: 1. I consider the "plug the cable" test nonsense.
> 2. Since we discovered the server impact more than a year ago,
> we've
> been running one server wireless.
> Guess what. The server optimzation still made a difference.
> Again. All stuff that I post has been verified on several
> systems
> before I post it.

Total nonsense I'm afraid. I'm starting to wonder what planet you are
on. Bits do not have a "shape" that can have any measure of quality
attached to it except during transmission when they are given an
analogue representation (squarewaves) on the wire. Even then, the
squarewave only has to be good enough to allow the two value states to
be recovered and of course the timing/clock is fixed... which makes it
rather easy. This is why computers and networks just work.

On a memory chip like the buffer in the Touch they are merely the
presence of one voltage or another voltage - i.e 2 values = logic. I
presume you understand how TTL and CMOS logic actually works at the
electronic level.

For goodness sake, get a grip on reality.

Are you are now telling us that a CMOS/TTL logic gate can hold a
logical or physical value other than "0"/"1" or "low"/"high"? - cool, I
suggest you patent that and make millions.

Let's be clear on this - you can't dismiss the buffer test just because
it conveniently destroys the crazy theory of how the server/network
behaviour can impact what comes out of the Touch digital output.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1
DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's,
ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus
Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.