chill;688002 Wrote:
> 5 reasons?  Wow - for someone who can't offer ONE reason why it won't
> work, that's quite demanding.  Shouldn't one good reason be enough?
>
> Anyway, here's a weak attempt to split the one good reason into 5.
>

> Reason 1: If you disconnect the ethernet cable, the NIC has NOTHING to
> do.
>

> Reason 2: If you disconnect the ethernet cable, there is NO load on the
> NIC and related parts of the chain.
>

> Reason 3: If you disconnect the ethernet cable......  I hope you can
> see where this is going.....
>

> Reason 4: If you disconnect the ethernet cable, by definition, those
> flaws are removed.  Period.  From the moment you remove the cable, the
> impact of the server and the network that transported the bits, without
> error, to your SBT is completely nullified. If you hear a difference
> between 'with cable' and 'without cable', it means the network and
> server WERE having an audible effect.  If you don't, they weren't.
>

> Reason 5: This test proves a lot in this area.
>

> Or you can do the damn test and prove it to yourself.

Well just to add my observations. I had been using WLAN.
I had been wanting to go LAN and before making hole in the ceiling I
carted PC, router, TFT etc downstairs to lounge and tried it out.
So sound was definately better going LAN and easier to listen to.
I did the "pull the ethernet cable test" and did 100% notice an
improvement. Sound was sharper and veil removed. A particular guitar
part on Katie Melia track 2 Crawling up a hill around 1 min 15secs
sounded so much more alive to me as an example. Obviously its only a
short test but I was convinced.
Note was using DAC in Touch, full TT3 mods & sbooster linear PSU.
Naim Nait 5-2 and Neat Motive 3 speakers so fairly decent system.

I now have ethernet from router and using LAN mode full time!

I did try switch in front of touch but am not sure it sounds better
yet. I do think that the timing has been affected in the music was my
initial thoughts.
Any ideas as was expecting better???
Cheers
Ambrose