RGibran;688060 Wrote:
> You want to hear differences?  Then you will!
>
> You don't want to hear differences?  Then you won't!
>
> It works both ways folks.
>
> Just sayin'
>
> RG

Totally agreed. That's why one should actually strive for a reasonable
comprehensible explanation or meaningfull empirical support (e.g.
controlled blind test).

The "pull the cable" test (if not performed in a controlled fashion)
won't ultimately help here. It is merely meant as a "service" for
soundcheck and others not being receptive to reasoning.

And - at the risk of repeating myself - it's actually not "us" being
sceptical about influences of server tweaks or ethernet cable magic
that have to prove anything. The one claiming something that is not
obvious has to provide evidence; the less obvious (or the more
outlandish) the claim the more evidence must be provided to support the
claim. These are just simple rules of logical/scientific reasoning.

"no claims/no promises" (as put forward by soundcheck) is btw a common
excuse of the esoteric. I hope I do not have to comment on how improper
this is - but will if I have to ...

Cheers

superbonham

--