ADM detects no difference (85+dB null correlation) between plugged and
unplugged on the digital out into my DAC (tested with both coax and
toslink).

A rough and ready listening test involving (separately) two people who
know nothing about this discussion/subject could not detect when/if
anything changed in the sound. The Test was repeated over 12 different
track segments of 30 seconds edited into one long track with 10 second
gap. During 6 of the tests (selectedly random beforehand) I did NOT
pull the plug at all. They had to click a little button (which actually
fired my camera by radio, capturing the exact time in the picture data -
I don't have a stopwatch) when they heard a change. They could not see
when/if the cable was pulled as they were listening blindfolded on
headphones in another room.

By comparing the timing of the pictures they took it was easy to
analyse the data.

There was no correlation at all between whether/when they pushed the
button and whether/when the cable was pulled. Half the time they heard
a change I hadn't changed anything - and half of the time when there
WAS a change and they they heard a change, they felt it had happened
several seconds BEFORE I actually changed anything...

I'm fully aware this is anecdotal and not statistically valid. But it's
good enough for me personally for now.

People really should read this excellent post:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=687942&postcount=1

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1
DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's,
ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus
Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.