evdplancke;690924 Wrote:
> When recording sweeps for measurements with Audiolense, where do you
> connect your PC to your system? Is it recommended to use the DAC as
> external soundcard and a digital recorder (like Olympus LS or Tascam
> Zoom) as audio input, both connected to the PC with USB? I have read
> that not using a duplex soundcard can degrade quality of the
> measurements, but is it still the case if using good quality DAC and
> recorder?
> The advantage of measurements with Inguz by playing sweeps from the
> Touch was to correct the whole chain including the Touch. Is it not
> possible with Audiolense?

You are right it is not possible to use Touch to play the Audiolense
signals! There is a touch plug-in called Waveout which permits that but
it doesn’t work if Inguz is installed, they are incompatible!
I’m using a Maudio external Firewire card. I send spdif signal to the
dac and record it with the Maudio card. Yes Touch is not in the
measured chain but it still gives very good results with Audiolense.
What is important is that the speakers are equidistant from the mike
(Audiolense gives you the delay between channels and this delay has to
be very small, something like 0.02ms)
Ideally to get the best results from DRC the room has to be
acoustically treated and speaker at least roughly time aligned (if
actively crossed).  The results are spectacular!  DRC corrects
amplitude, phase and time alignment although only for the measured
position.
Chris
PS duplex card is not a must but the signal must be generated by the
analysing software (Audiolense) in order to build the impulse response.
Theoretically Audiolense can accept imported files but I didn't succeed
to make it work, i.e. to record trough Touch with Audacity for example.

--
krzys