> > (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=691633)<br />
> > the Behringer is not exactly the worlds best mic...<br />
> > Regardless, in my opinion you should not use an omni mic for room
> > correction, you should use a cardioid or hypercardiod pointing at the
> > mid point of the axis of the treble drivers. This is how your ears work
> > more or less. Reflected sound is well down compared to direct sound. you
> > really don't want any reflective surfaces within about 2m of your head
> > and also the mic.> > <br />
> Yes, I think I have to get a better microphone, optimized for RC
> according to humans ears. I thought that I could deal with a less
> than optimal listening position using RC. That's not the case (or it
> is more difficult than hoped). But in an already good setup you can
> further improve the listening experience without much effort. And
> improvements are not subtle. That's what I have learned in the last
> couple of days.
I have a similar case as yours. My listening position is in a sofa
close to the wall and I loose focus when applying RC. Not sure though
that a better mic would improve that much the sound. Probably a
directional mic can help as suggested by Phil. I was also thinking
about placing some kind of absorbing material behind the mic to
attenuate the reflexion on the back wall.

--
evdplancke