Aaah! Now making more sense: I've frequented so many dimly-lit, hostile
audio forums I've become too thick-skinned and sluggish myself to notice
before today that this is a special place you've set up to mock
off-brand & expensive things! Got it.

Here we are trying to have a grown-up discussion about computer audio,
while rubbing shoulders with topics about James Randi and ghosts (in
the machine or otherwise).

Enough said. If the idea of a cheaper Squeezebox that plays all file
formats and radio stations at 32/384, with on-board storage, a nice
display, wireless, headphone output, remote apps, and universal DAC
compatibility ever appeals, they now do these great things called
'netbooks' you might want to check out!

--
item_audio