Triode wrote:
> There has been some discussion on the Touch forum about the EDO app and
> the potential benfits to audio quality from the spdif output at 96k and
> below.  This is not the primary purpose of the enhanced digital ouput
> app but people have debated whether any possible change in audio quality
> exists.  I thought it would be useful to spell out what the changes are
> that are in EDO.  As I may speculate about any impact on sound quality,
> I thought I'd do it here as its definately a discussion for the
> audiophile forum...
> <snip>
> .

Triode:

Thanks very much for your thorough explanation. I'm not able to follow
it in its entirety, but I think it's fascinating. Especially since your
intended goal was clearly not to tweak the sound but to effect streaming
of higher def files.

And also many thanks for all your work. Those of us who are
non-technical end users are indebted to folks like you, who do the heavy
lifting for the rest of us.

Guido F.