JohnSwenson wrote:
> I have a HRT Music StreamerII (not the +), it works very well with
> Triodes plugin and a hub. Adding TT3.0 significantly improves the sound,
> with this combination it's getting astonishingly good.  (it's not the
> best, my homebuilt DAC still blows it away). The II with TT3.0 is
> sounding better than several other way more  expensive S/PDIF input DACs
> I have. (except for my own design -- I'm not biased am I?)
>
> I had to do a little work to get TT3.0 to work with it, I had to set the
> buffer to over 5000, and I had to change some of the priority settings.
> The esiest way to change the priorities was to just turn them off all
> together. I didn't have time to figure out which one caused a problem.
>
> I tested the screen off part of TT3.0 and it didn't make any difference
> so I left the screen on. The part of TT3.0 that seemed to make the
> difference was the kernal settings, when I implemented just them I got
> the same sound improvement.
>

> John S.

John,
I have placed my order for HRT Music Streamer II+, hence very interested
to learn the changes to your system with HRT. I have:
- Installed EDO
- Installed TT3.0 over it
- Changed priorities in TT file to Logitech default
- Made the changes suggested by SBGK on the various .lua files
- My buffer setting in the .lua files are 4200
- Disconnected screen
- Removed Toslink on SBT

You are also suggesting kernel settings change. Can you share what the
kernel changes are?. Also what buffer size is best.