^ I thought it *was* galvanically isolated. Maybe not though, just the
usual transformers. I do not have any quality glass Toslink cables
anymore, so can't really test that option fairly (it sounds "dead" with
the "best" Toslink I still do have).

However, we are only comparing different versions of EDO, presumably
everything else remains the same in our comparison systems. And in my
case comparing 3 versions that are not *that* different code-wise for
how I'm using them (S/PDIF). The diffs I'm hearing don't seem
noise-related to me. I run the Touch linear PS and BDA-1 and BP26 off
balanced power too, but that's for different noise.

It's a mystery to me, just like how some seemingly minor changes of
"less-critical" parameters with TT3.0 had large effects. It got to the
point (fooling around) that I had to wonder if file size and how the
Touch handles files was making some diff.