Ok linn do multi room to ,how is the user interface ? But it would be
pricey just like doing multi room with sooloos ?
I can see a sooloos system at my local hifi dealer ( he constantly tries
to sell it to me ) and a naim unit but the naim unit he showed had very
poor UI it was like an old mp3 player ( migth have been an old model ).

I agree about the substandard UI and terrible dlna/upnp solutions ,
coincidentally sooloos like squeezeboxes uses thier own proprietary
system ,but even here there is a problem .
No third party apps .
And many such options are very limited in other systems too ,do they do
spotify and bandcamp ?
People always nag Logitech for not supporting [ insert new music service
of the week ] but it seems to me that our squeezeboxes has massive
support compared to others ? And with the new Qubous plugin the only
product with the possibility of a lossles streaming service , if speak
French :/

And then I agree that you are going to need to conect it to a good DAC ,
I disagree that only the most obscure and expensive DAC's would cut it ,
there are properly done DAC's for less that are transparent to humans .
I for example have problems with solutions that introduces to much a
"house sound" never liked naim for that reason they have improved but I
would rank any solution that introduces deliberate colouring of the
sound less than a squeezeboxes .
Squeezeboxes analog stuff falls short on thier natural limits but that's
gets you much further than following some confused fetisch idea that
guides much high end design ?

Of topic : having the speaker crossover done digitally offsets the whole
scheme this makes much more difference than any DAC could or even a good
analog active crossover does it . The coloration introduced by passive
xover are magnitudes greater than what the DAC does ( unless it is one
the flawed dac designs ).
The problem here is that  the selection of active speakers are a bit
limited and active digital speakers are even rarer , if you can't find
one suitable to your taste or acoustics You can't have one.
But at the eye watering prices we are discussing here you could convert
a room to an acoustically treated studio an buy pro speakers and be done
for less, but then is high end really about sound these days it seem to
be something else;) a squeezebox + a treated listening room + active (
digital ) pro speaker your done for a 1/10 of the price :) if sound is
what you want .