darrenyeats wrote:

> My view is that Benchmark DAC2, Weiss are currently from the top draw
> from a technical performance POV despite being cheaper than ultra
> high-end.
> Darren

I challenge you to select any of the much better hi-end DACs, substitute
said DAC for your Benchmark, and then let us know if your view hasn't
changed.  Ya can't go to a hi-end showroom where there are dozens of
variables and arrive at a conclusion about any given component.  And OF
COURSE you will find dCS electronics at the beginning of a chain that
ends with uber hi-end speakers!!  LOL.  Those are the speakers with
ability to resolve every bit of detail.  Good grief, all DACs would
sound very similar on cheaply constructed and engineered speakers.

Seriously, if you can find a professional review of any of the serious
hi-end units mentioned here suggesting that there isn't much difference,
etc, then please post.  Contrary to the belief of the majority, those
who spend many thousands on a CD player are generally very well-informed
and aren't out to waste money.