This is kind of funny because for a change I will do my best to defend
jh901, who does in this make several very valid points.

The most important one being that regardless of what you may think about
the price and design of the Magico speakers until and unless you have
heard them then all your comments are only conjecture and that includes
jh901.

There is most definitely a market for well made, high quality two way
speakers, whether floor standing or stand mounted, since many audiophile
live in environments, such as apartments, where speakers which reproduce
lots of bass would be problematic. Subwoofers and massive bass drivers
are not very kind to one's neighbors. So a nice two way design with
great sounding midrange and treble are very desirable.

Magico, unlike many other high end audio manufacturers, does not promote
their products via voodoo but rather through the use of very costly
materials, state of the art design, state of the art engineering and
precision manufacturing. Sure one is more than entitled to think that
their products are overpriced but that does not mean that speakers do
not sound good. If I had that kind of money I would make sure to give
their speakers a careful audition along with the several other super
expensive speakers.

For me the real question is: Can one use the mega-buck Magico's with a
$300 Squeezebox Touch as one's digital transport?