SoftwireEngineer wrote:
> @mynb - agreed. 'audiophile exotica' nice term :-)

My piont is that some brands are just made to be expensive for the sake
of it. You are not getting that much extra performance.
For that money + some more I would look at a Meridian speaker for
example .
Or if you want passive speakers large B&W . the list grows .

It simply is pointless with a small 2-way in this price range, I would
expect full range multiple driver systems with better power handling
better bass extension lower distortion etc  .
The caveat with full range systems is the room interaction, this spawn
all the notions about " slow bass. " and muddy sound of larger systems

But this is another silly trend , the good 2 - way monitor was a classic
like the BBC monitors etc of close range listening in confined spaces .
I think Dynaudio was getting close to the silly limit with some of thier
offerings ( I have owned those , very good speakers), but then came
Sonus Faber wich practically makes audio jewelry ? Setting new limits
for how expensive a two way could be

So in my opinion the breed of super expensive two ways are anachronistic
,cool that you can build such a statement product but why ? It serves no
purpose if actually want to get better sound for the $$$

In this I predict than any good larger speaker for less of the money
would perform better and I haven't even heard the magicos ;)
And I suspect that many humbler two ways comes close due the natural
limit of the small two way design throwing more money at it actually
don't give much more you must change design principle .