jh901 wrote:
> I'd recommend the Beatles mono box set.  The original '87 CDs are stereo
> mixes (which are not definitive) and were poorly mastered.  I'm not sure
> why you would listen to The Beatles only for "nostalgia" though!?  We
> don't pop on Beethoven or Mozart for nostalgia do we?

I rejected the stereo remasters because my ears and DR Database showed
them to be dynamically compressed compared to the 87 EMIs and original
LPs. But I understand the latest monos lack that added compression ...
are they really a big advance? The reason for my hesitation is that many
raved about the initial stereo remasters even though clearly they were
worse in a very audible aspect! I don't want to pay for something just
because it un-ruins the second last remaster, he-he.

Can you elaborate? Ta,
Darren

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD