darrenyeats wrote:
> I rejected the stereo remasters because my ears and DR Database showed
> them to be (somewhat) dynamically compressed compared to the 87 EMIs and
> original LPs. But I understand the latest monos lack that added
> compression ... are they really a big advance over 87 EMI?

Rubber Soul, Revolver, "The White Album" and Mono Masters are essential.
You won't regret it.  The box is not expensive anyhow.

I like the original Japan market SPLHCB (CP32-5328), which is stereo.
And of course, the legendary CP32 Abbey Road which was released pre-1987
in Japan and was removed from the market.  This one has the pre-emphasis
flag, but if it is decoded properly, then you'll know why it is
beloved.

The constant drip, drip of cynicism in this forum isn't going to help
anyone.  I honestly don't get it.