jkeny wrote:
> Yes, Arny, you & Archi can continue with your fantasy discussion about
> 8KHz noise but maybe you should start another thread to do so as this
> thread is about the Uptone Regen which has nothing to do with that
> issue.

Huh? What "fantasy discussion"? We are talking about what the USB Regen
is supposed to be doing, right?

Over the years people have talked about issues with noise through the
USB system including Jon Swenson concerned about the 8kHz packet
noise... I've demonstrated on the blog evidence that this could be
picked up and amplified through my Emotiva XSP-1 preamp as a measurable
issue. As I also said, it's -not -a universal issue because it's not
heard through the DAC directly but that noise can be picked up
peripherally through a specific analogue input (and put through the gain
through my preamp and amps). That's about as "read" as it gets for
audiophile discussions I believe. Heck I can even -hear- the darn
contaminant as I showed in one of the videos.

To me the potential of the USB Regen (and other devices that supposedly
clean up USB noise like the JitterBug) is clear. Since I have not seen
any objective evidence that this device "works" elsewhere, if it
actually cleans up that 8kHz tone for me like I have already attenuated
to some extent using the optical cable + external USB hub, then $175
isn't a problem since I already paid $100 for the USB optical cable and
I'd be able to objectively show the reduction in specifically that 8kHz
noise/tone. It'd be fantastic if the optical USB cable + USB Regen
completely removes that 8kHz packet noise! But as it stands currently,
I'm not sure I want to plunk down $175 to get this shipped to Canada
when I have other ideas of ways to deal with this issue... Thus I was
wondering if someone can lend me one locally in Vancouver for a couple
nights!

That IMO would be interesting to know and I think others would find that
observation beneficial (plus add some objective data to demonstrate the
positive effect of this device).

Archimago's Musings: (archimago.blogspot.com) A 'more objective'
audiophile blog.