rgro wrote:
> A few comments from a non-technical person:
>
> 5.  I would also point out that, Arny, your inference that JS/Uptone is
> claiming that ALL audio systems have SI problems is a bit of a reach.

This inference is false. The alleged SI problems that JS/Uptone is
claiming to address are so vaguely defined that I don't see how it can
be known that they are universal or highly peculiar or somewhere
in-between.

I now understand that it is common for people on this forum to imagine
bad things about other people and their posts and purport that they are
true. This appears to be an example of that.

I invite you to actually quote something I wrote and show how it can be
logically construed to mean the above.  Failing to do so has obvious
consequences for you.

> 6.  Bottom line seems to be whether or not folks want to spend $175 for
> to deal with an issue which is real, but the extent of which is
> impossible for most of us to determine in each individual use case.

It appears that there are no public examples of any technical analysis
of actual USB signals or empirical evidence related to the operation of
real world USB gear that illustrate what this product actually does.
Please correct me if such things actually exist.  In absence of such
evidence, there appears to be no objective empirical evidence that the
issue that the product purports to address actually exists or that the
product actually addresses it. Thus, it may be far worse than a pig in a
poke because we at least know that pigs actually exist somewhere. I
don't see how we know that the issue the product purports to address
exists anywhere.