arnyk wrote:
> This inference is false. The alleged SI problems that JS/Uptone is
> claiming to address are so vaguely defined that I don't see how it can
> be known that they are universal or highly peculiar or somewhere
> in-between.
>
> I now understand that it is common for people on this forum to imagine
> bad things about other people and their posts and purport that they are
> true. This appears to be an example of that.
>
> I invite you to actually quote something I wrote and show how it can be
> logically construed to mean the above.  Failing to do so has obvious
> consequences for you.
>

> It appears that there are no public examples of any technical analysis
> of actual USB signals or empirical evidence related to the operation of
> real world USB gear that illustrate what this product actually does.
> Please correct me if such things actually exist.  In absence of such
> evidence, there appears to be no objective empirical evidence that the
> issue that the product purports to address actually exists or that the
> product actually addresses it. Thus, it may be far worse than a pig in a
> poke because we at least know that pigs actually exist somewhere. I
> don't see how we know that the issue the product purports to address
> exists anywhere.

To answer your first point.  What you said was, "Any claim that all
audio systems have problems with poor SI is obviously false."  Perhaps I
misconstrued your remark, so please explain how that was not an
inference that JS/Uptone are claiming that all audio systems have SI
issues?

Secondly I think you're barking up the wrong tree here, Arny.  The
correct and proper person to take this up with would be John Swenson.
He's truly the only one out there that can back up (or not) the why's
and how's of his product design. Perhaps in the context of a private
conversation with him you might learn more about his engineering theory
and designs.  Without that, you and everybody else are just speculating.

A decent amount of what you say makes sense.  I don't know you and maybe
we'd enjoy each other's company in person but, frankly, the tone that
you take is pedantic and off-putting and I doubt it's just me that has
this take---whether one agrees or disagrees with your opinions.  Between
you and jkeny it's definitely oil and water.  Somewhat amusing to watch
but hard to get through the rhetoric.  I think your style gets in the
way of your substance.  And I'd say the same to jkeny.

Rg

System information
Main: Vortexbox/Squeezelite > USB> Benchmark DAC2 D > LFD LE IV
Signature amp > Revel Performa F208 speakers.

Home Theatre:  Touch (Wired) > Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic
5.1, Touch FW 7.8.0-r16754.

LMS 7.9.0 - 0.71.20150313git1426153261 on a 1TB Micro Vortexbox
Appliance, V 2.3.