http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=103&cp_id=10307&cs_id=1030702&p_id=10067&seq=1&format=2

> Classic case of deceptively moving the goal posts. The discussion was
> about blowing up DACs with cheap USB hubs and now every possible
> difference no matter how subtle, is being offered as proof of the claim
> about blowing up USB hubs.
Nope lots of examples of these hubs missing the "hub diode that prevents
back-powering,"  - "that is, current cannot flow in the reverse
direction from the hub coaxial power connector back out to the micro B
input port and into the Raspberry Pi."  See the diagram below from that
e-Linux site

The Monoprice hub is one such hub. The point is "don't expect even basic
electrical engineering for $3" - I don't know what you expect for $3?

18128

|Filename: USBHubRaspberryPiPowerHookup.jpg                         |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18128|