arnyk wrote:
> Look I followed your link John, and it led nowhere because you didn't
> check it out. That is your problem.
>
> Truth is I'd buy the hub in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the fact that I
> don't currently need anything else from Monoprice and their minimum
> shipping fee is as I recall, several times the cost of the part.
>
> But, given the vague nature of your follow-on comments, I have every
> reason to believe that I'd hook the thing up and it would work and that
> would be that.
>

> You are deflecting, John. You claimed that cheap hubs have a strong
> tendency to seriously damage expensive DACs. What you've shown appears
> to be a few trivial problems with non-mainstream gear. Let's face it, a
> Rasberry Pi is a cheap piece of gear all by itself. A missing diode does
> not equate to instant bench fire and serious damage.  As seems to be
> usual, you  make a spectacular-sounding claim and then bring in anything
> but evidence that actually supports it.
>
> Furthermore, this whole line of discussion is in itself a deflection
> from the fact that as things stand, we have no reliable or empirical
> evidence that the product we are discussing is anything but a degenerate
> USB hub that lacks the usual ability to drive more than one device from
> a single port.
>
> Nobody including yourself seems to have been able to point out a
> technical test or reliable listening test that affirms that the product
> does anything but take in money from naive placebophiles, add some more
> potential points of failure and convert energy into heat.

considering the first 3 batches are sold out enough people seem to be
convinced by the pedigree of the device. JS and Alex have also found
improvements to the original design, which I suppose you would call
fraudulent consumerist marketing practice rather than two enthusiasts
developing their product.

Touch optimisations http://touchsgotrythm.blogspot.co.uk/