jkeny wrote:
> Sure, ralph - "to a man with a hammer all problems are nails" - I guess
> the same applies to plumbing

It sure seems to apply to some of the placebophiles around here.
USB-this, USB-that. Is there anything else?

I know people who seem to make only USB DACs. At least that's all they
seem to talk about.

USB can be great - I'm currently setting up the audio on a client PC
using a Presonus pro audio interface to interface the measurement mic.
Its USB. Runs like a charm under Holme Impulse.

Yup, USB is at least good enough for laptops and measurements.

But there are other alternatives, including HDMI which I make a great
deal of use of.