jkeny wrote:
> Well, Arny, as usual, you didn't read through the link before commenting
> - in post 12 he details the CDs & tracks he used & the resampler he
> used.
>
> But, of course one statistically robust positive Foobar example is only
> a strong indication that this should be investigated further - not
> dismissed with snide comments like ralphpnj
>
> As I already said, he does a number of tests on different material &
> different equipment & produces Foobar logs for them.
>
> Of course, if you can't find a reason to dismiss the results you can
> fall back on the excuse you used to dismiss Amir's numerous positive ABX
> results & claim that you don't trust the person doing the test.

It was a snide comment, it was a sarcastic comment, as any ABX test
would have shown.

But seriously now it is you that is simply chasing your own tail. Why is
the USR important to Squeezebox users? Because some SB users have
modified their SB Touches to use the USB input as an output. But why do
they want to use the USB input as an output? So that they can listen to
24bit/192kHz files. But why do they need to listen to 24bit/192kHz
files? Because some guy on some forum claims to hear a difference. NEWS
FLASH: it's the internet, the place where anyone can claim anything,
much like the vast majority of the high end audio press.

I worked for over 30 years as a mechanical engineer in the field of
plumbing and fire protection design. It is often said that there are
many analogies between piping systems and electrical system. One of
those analogies is that of a storage tank to a capacitor and in the case
of digital audio that capacitor is analogous to a buffer. The squeezebox
devices all use a buffer as a means of isolating the wi-fi and ethernet
signal from the signal being fed to the internal or external DAC (in
reality the buffer in the squeezeboxes is more like a combination of a
storage tank and a fixed air gap, since it completely isolates one
signal from the other). A simple buffer with it's own word clock at the
input of any USB DAC would do the same. So to me all this talk of noisy
USB signals and the like is simply the result of very, very poor design
and engineering, which is why I keep calling the whole thing a circle
jerk.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos