jh901 wrote:
> Someone who is committed full time to hi-end audio over the course of a
> couple decades very well better have on hand a good number of proper
> cables, cords, etc.  There are few reviewers who own $150,000 speakers.
> Jacob Heilbrunn is an exception in that he's only part-time reviewer.
> He is independently wealthy from his career.  I'd guess he's got close
> to $1,000,000 into his main system.  I'm not sure what that might bother
> you.  Thankfully, guys like him are passionate about this hobby and have
> writing skills.  We can learn from these guys even we don't agree with
> every word.
>
> Try to enjoy this hobby and maybe stop taking so much pleasure at
> popping off.

Now I would be much more inclined to read Jacob Heilbrunn's reviews
without thinking that he is writing to make the manufacturer happy (and
therefore extend the length of time that the equipment under review is
being "loaned" to him). By the way, where might one find Mr. Heilbrunn's
reviews?

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos