jh901 wrote:
> Ralph, let's be honest.  Somewhere deep inside you know that something
> is not right with you.  Take a step back.  Get some sleep.  I take this
> hobby seriously.  I derive great satisfaction from it.  I do not part
> with money unless I'm informed as to what I'm spending it on.
>
> It's time for you to be called out.  Think about it.  Do you want to let
> it go now and get this forum turned around?

Please if you take this hobby seriously then why on earth do you so
willingly and without question take all the nonsense being spewed from
the various high end audio magazines, web sites and marketing
departments as high holy truths?

The print publishing world is slowly dying and will do just about
anything to stay alive and yet you still believe that these clowns are
telling the truth.

Salesmanship and marketing are all about making people believe that your
product is better than the other guys but yet you still believe these
clowns are telling the truth.

And each of the above cases you still believe their lies even when what
they are saying runs directly counter to all known scientific facts and
truths.

Add to this the ever present numbers game being played in high end
audio. MP3 and redbook CD are BAD because their numbers don't compare
with those of high resolution audio but analog, as in the turntables you
so love, which has numbers (measurements) which are way worse in every
possible way than even those of redbook CD is considered to be the holy
grail of audio. And I haven't even mentioned vacuum tubes. You can't
have it both ways unless, of course, you're being dishonest about one or
the other or both.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos