Wombat wrote:
> We just lately had a thread at Hydrogen where *someone* did positive abx
> with the Babyface playback at 44.1k against 192k. He was not able to abx
> the same file with 192k->44.1k->192k i prepared with sox for 192k
> playback. So yes, the Babyface itself should really produce clearly
> different outputs for different samplerates.
> The thread starts about Naim but leads to the above conclusion.
> http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php?showtopic=108758&hl=naim%20sample&st=0

It wasn't just *someone*, it was the same guy as I referenced in the my
links - ultmusicsnob in those links & ultimatemusicsnob on HA

His objective with his ABX testing was to determine if 16/44 was audibly
different to 24/192 on his equipment & not to make any universal claim
about RB audio Vs high-res audio differences - so your providing a 16/44
file in a 192K carrier packet is of no importance to him as it is not
the way he (or anybody else) listens to RB audio.