jkeny wrote:
> You really think that my correcting Archi's mistaken idea that measuring
> 8KHz noise spike for the Regen was trying to "shut any dissenting voices
> down"?
>
> Here's fact based discussion which I attempted to engage bot you & Archi
> in but you both failed to participate - looks like you were the ones
> shutting down any attempt at rational, fact-based discussion.
> How would you go about measuring a fluctuating noise floor in the
> operation of a device. What measuring technique do you propose should be
> used to find this fluctuation in the analogue waveform?
>
> So, let's get to it with this fact based discussion, then - you claim to
> know the science - let's go, I'm all ears!

Oi vey...

1. I thought we were going to talk about this when measurements
available as you claim was forthcoming. So why bring it up again?

2. Swenson talks about the 8kHz noise alot. But you claim the Regen is
not going to remove this... So why are you bringing this up again?

3. Who said anything about a fluctuating noise floor other than you? As
far as I have experienced in the equipment susceptible to the noise,
it's a constant 8kHz whine that's sticking out 40dB off the local noise
floor. This is suppressed by 20dB when I use the optical USB cable and
essentially inaudible. All I ask is whether the Regen can do the same...
You say it can't because of Point 2. Fine, and I thought that's where we
left it - awaiting availability of Point 1.

Your viscosity of thought and circumferentiality is disturbing.

Archimago's Musings: (archimago.blogspot.com) A 'more objective'
audiophile blog.