The Audiostream blog offers this little "pre" takedown of the Ars
Technica Ethernet cable test:

http://www.audiostream.com/content/trouble-audio-tests#5WUtFUSgOOb0s7uL.97

A few comments:

First if I remember correctly did not Archimago state that he has been
banned from posting comments on the Audiostream site and if so, then I
strongly suggest that Archimago contact Mr. Lavorgna and demand that
this post quoting him by taken down at once.

Second I love the way Lavorgna goes from using individual preferences
being used as proof of questionable audible differences to individual
preferences being, well, just individual preferences. The complete
dismissal of statistical methods in favor of purely anecdotal evidence
is remarkable. Dr. Oz would be proud.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos