Julf wrote:
> Well, except... My point was that true audiophiles tend to declare
> asynchronous sample rate converters Truly Evil - probably because they
> make the whole jitter discussion a non-issue, and in a simple way, so
> that can't be good.
>
> The answer to by SBGK's question (that no doubt was intended to be a
> rhetorical one) is that when manufacturers start making their dacs with
> regen type devices already included, audiophiles (and audiophile vendors
> and press) will come up with even wilder theories about why that is bad
> and why external, expensive (and thus exclusive) gadgets are needed.

Key to the audiophile credibility for such weirdness is the fact that
audiophiles in general rarely hear live music, they avoid good listening
tests, and that they can never properly audition the live feed from a
good microphone or the console at a live performance.

If they could do such things, they'd learn that with good recordings
very little is getting lost in the production process, and they'd also
learn that decades of alleged progress in terms of products like magic
cables and do-nothing products like the Regen, as well as last week's
latest magic DAC have zero audible consequences.