One more data point on the "USB conditioners" here: 'Whats Best
Forum:Science Thread-Review of Audioquest Jitterbug and Uptone Regen USB
Conditioners'
(http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?18580-Science-Thread-Review-of-Audioquest-Jitterbug-and-Uptone-Regen-USB-Conditioners).

Remember that Amir definitely isn't known for being in the "bits are
bits" camp, but here is his summary:

"Simply put, there is no good news here. Both devices degraded the
performance of the DAC a bit and did nothing to improve it."

And in "Conclusions":

"For my money, I think a rock from the garden put on top of my DAC may
do better than either one of these devices. For the price of Regen, you
can buy 10 high-res downloads and I am confident that would bring more
happiness to your music life than this device."

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953