Archimago wrote:
> The funny thing is that jkeny said 8kHz PHY noise wasn't the point of
> the Regen here a couple months back... Now he suggests to look for it?

I don' t think we take him very seriously any more (if we ever did). I
think he is the perfect proof of how some audiophile "designers" don't
actually have to understand any of the science these days - just roughly
follow semiconductor manufacturer application notes.

> Either way, the Regen *added* this anomaly! Perhaps not surprising since
> one is adding another "hub" in between the signal transmission but it
> does bring into question the quality of the hub chipset being used and
> also the question of how this device was engineered and whether it was
> tested to verify that it actually improved anything.

Why would they bother? Believers will believe.

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953