Julf wrote:
> To quote one of my smarter friends: "People engage with music for a huge
> spectrum of reasons, some more consistent with the artist's motivations
> and intentions than others. There absolutely is a "wacko nosebleed
> contingent" of "audio enthusiasts" for whom reason has long-since left
> the building and who are engaged in delusional imaginings about things
> and effects which cannot possibly exist in either this world or the
> next. This behavior is strongly encouraged by a relatively small segment
> of the equipment suppliers whose guile and cunning would make PT Barnum
> die of envy. But "disgustibus non disputantum" - those two communities
> have agreed as consenting adults to reciprocate with each other to their
> apparent mutual satisfaction, and as long as they don't scare the horses
> and exhibit a modicum of decorum, the hyperventilated ravings in the
> audio rags can be quite amusing. To the degree, however, that the
> success of this market manipulation flows downstream such that it
> impacts the availability of high-quality, rationally-priced audio kit
> for those of less blingful means, that becomes a real problem."

Yes like gold plated biwiring terminals on every passive loudspeaker ?
Even quite modest ones , yes now you can sell two sets of expensive
speaker cables :)

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )