Julf wrote:
> I mostly agree, but then there are the vinyl hipsters (who will soon
> move on to cassettes), but also a significant group of young, clueful
> people who actually listen to flac and high-bitrate lossy formats, on
> reasonable gear, but would never dream of paying $100 for a cable. They
> are the ones who suffer from the effects of the audiophile silliness in
> the marketplace.

Yes there are some younger folks caringbfor good sound and they do
suffer . Hopefully they can buy semi pro gear , thats actually a good
option and not to expesive .

Another one the paradigm of passive speakers have lingered far to long
in audiophile circles . Its there to promotenexcessive gear swapping of
multiple separate boxes...

Amplification is a solved problem , put it in the speakers and you can
start to adress the real problems of passive filters

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )