Mnyb wrote:
> You can get the source code on github for squeezeplay
> (controller,Touch,radio) .
>
> There is a file Playback.lua .
>
> There is 2 volume mappings in here . I dont read LUA so I cant really
> figure which one is actually used but there are hundred discrete values
> in "16 bit format" full volume is 65536 .

Thanks Mynb,
I didn't realise that Touch used Squeezeplay! That was an important bit
of knowledge. Wondered where the Touch firmware was on github!

If the aim is not to truncate, the first thing I expect to pop on the
list are binary roots of 65536 e.g. 32768, 16384. The fact they're
absent indicates that avoiding truncation was not a goal at all.

This part is interesting:

Code:

  --provide hook for applets to modify the gain curve
  function overrideDefaultVolumeToGain(self, value)
        _defaultVolumeToGain = value
  end

Check it, add to it! http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/

SB Touch