Good analysis Ralph.

Yeah, this review and check out the magnetic cable one as well in the
issue. Clearly the reviewer didn't like those crazy cables/adaptors from
"High Fidelity Cables" and claims but he has to be all nice about it and
wonder maybe it could work out for someone else...

Wishy washy nonsense.

Lavorgna is bringing his model of irrational subjectivism into the
computer audio field and trying to convert what has traditionally been a
very technical area for hobbyists with "touchy feely" audiophile fluff.
Just have a look at AudioStream and his strange philosophical
justifications - further and further blurring the lines between art,
preferences, opinions, engineering and science to the point where it
basically boils down to "what I like, I like and nobody can tell me
anything different"... If that's the way it's going to be, then how do
we actually "know" anything and why should anyone listen to him!? All
the while not seemingly capable of introspective consideration that
maybe one could be wrong or one's cognitive and perceptual abilities may
not actually be that impressive as demonstrated by the science of human
perception.

Hmmm, there's a grandiosity and narcissism about all of this, isn't
there? As if one is superhuman and perceptually infallible with those
"golden ears". Clearly they get upset when the objectivists question
their "faith".

To be clear, I can't say I dislike these folks personally of course...
I'm sure if we had dinner together over a pint we'd have many things in
common and have great chats. But I do dislike the way things are being
presented. Glad to see there are still rational people posting comments
despite some censorship going on.

Archimago's Musings: (archimago.blogspot.com) A 'more objective'
audiophile blog.