Mnyb wrote:
> The real comedy is that Stereophile fails to draw the obvius conclusiong
> from the measurments vs sigthed testing . The total lack of corelation
> says something .
>
> Simpletons may conclude that "measurments are useless and dont say
> anything" ;)
>
> Think a tiny bit further and you realize that they have proved for years
> that thier subjective tests are bunk :D
>
> Reviewers failing to hear obvius problems or liking the product anyway
> for some biased reason .

What I have found is that with respect to all the various high end
publications and web sites it's much better to think of the writers and
editors not as reviewers but rather as publicists for the advertisers.
This holds true if the equipment under "review" does not function
properly since the manufacturer (aka advertiser) is always allowed to
make repairs or just send a new piece of equipment. By doing so I render
all those nagging issues like bias, lack of critical reasoning,
disregarding measurements, etc. completely irrelevant since a publicist
would exhibit all the same traits. The key thing to remember is who
these writers are working for, which is not the readers but the
advertisers.

As the saying goes if it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, looks
like a duck and smells like a duck well it's a duck!

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: LMS 7.9 on dedicated windows 10 computer w/2 Drobos