Long ago I realized I was the weakest link in the reproduction chain.
That's true of all humans but some of us just refuse to admit it.

My mood, physical state, expectations and subconscious biases all
dramatically influence my listening perception. If I find fat purple
wires with magic connectors and drinking diet Coke rather than Pepsi
while holding a picture of my childhood family pet makes my music sound
better, then great! This type of subjective influence is true of all
sensory experiences, whether culinary, visual or whatever.

The irony is the extreme to which admitted subjective audiophiles go in
order to to claim that their opinions are due to anything -but-
subjectivity. That's classic -- apparently subjective audiophiles are
embarrassed by their subjectivity. Hence their overarching disdain for
any type of blind testing that they can't control along with the need to
concoct exotic harebrained technical explanations in an attempt to
justify and explain their perception.

However, I can't claim much more than bemused annoyance by the whole
issue. It's kind of like watching an old "I Love Lucy" rerun -- you've
seen it before and you know she's going to make a mess of things even if
you don't remember that particular episode, but it is still fun to
watch.  ;-)