mlsstl wrote:
> Long ago I realized I was the weakest link in the reproduction chain.
> That's true of all humans but some of us just refuse to admit it.
>
> My mood, physical state, expectations and subconscious biases all
> dramatically influence my listening perception. If I find fat purple
> wires with magic connectors and drinking diet Coke rather than Pepsi
> while holding a picture of my childhood family pet makes my music sound
> better, then great! This type of subjective influence is true of all
> sensory experiences, whether culinary, visual or whatever.
>
> The irony is the extreme to which admitted subjective audiophiles go in
> order to to claim that their opinions are due to anything -but-
> subjectivity. That's classic -- apparently subjective audiophiles are
> embarrassed by their subjectivity. Hence their overarching disdain for
> any type of blind testing that they can't control along with the need to
> concoct exotic harebrained technical explanations in an attempt to
> justify and explain their perception.
>
> However, I can't claim much more than bemused annoyance by the whole
> issue. It's kind of like watching an old "I Love Lucy" rerun -- you've
> seen it before and you know she's going to make a mess of things even if
> you don't remember that particular episode, but it is still fun to
> watch.  ;-)

My issue is not with the run of the mill kool-aid drinking audiophile
but the so called gate keepers, e.g. the audiophile press, who may or
may not actually believe the drivel they write. Look at this way, if the
audiophile press flatly declared that anything other than properly
functioning USB cable which meets specifications was not only not
necessary but a just a waste of one's hard earned money would there be
any audiophile USB cables? I don't think so.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: LMS 7.9 on dedicated windows 10 computer w/2 Drobos