edwardthern wrote:
> So ummmmm what's your point?
>
> All DAC chips sound the same and 1534s sound bad?

No. Most DAC chips can be made to sound the same (audibly transparent)
if used properly. Some older designs require care, and some tend to be
used in ways that cause audible coloration.

> To you....
>
> Well you obviously don't have golden ears.

I read that as implying you believe you do hear a difference.
Expectation bias and the placebo effect can be very powerful and
convincing, so unless you have taken proper measures to ensure they
can't affect the result, it is very easy to convince oneself that there
are audible changes. This is (again in absence of appropriate test
procedures) by far the most likely cause of any perceived difference.

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953