ho_kuku wrote:
> I did experienced the same thing - but with IFI Audio IUSB
> Volume became louder - at the same time improved separation. The noise
> floor also was greatly reduced.
> It just goes to show how "noisy" USB audio is - and those noise have a
> negative impact on sound.
> Clearing the noise out greatly have a positive impact on sound.
>
> The IFI product was a 1) reclocker, 2) usb power regenerator etc

(3) Snake oil, and the subjective impression that it changed the audio
at all is

(a) Technically impossible

(b) Just another example of why all audiophile sighted evaluations are
useless and misleading.

One more time - here is how life works:

Audio data encoded digitally is sacrosanct. It either is what it is, or
it is nothing at all, or at least temporarily interrupted. It can be
screwed up audibly during the transition back to analog, but unless your
USB hardware is utter crap, reclocking and power regeneration can't
change it in any audible way but break it if they are broken.