Archimago wrote:
> If you do find some evidence for what I believe is one of many myths in
> the audiophile world, I'd love to see it!

What you chose to call a "myth" I chose to call a very carefully planned
and targeted marketing campaign. Once one removes the real myth that
states that the high end audio magazines produce editorial content that
free of influence from the advertisers then one will begin to see just
how these "myths" (aka marketing campaigns) work. It's really rather
simple: manufacturer (aka advertiser) produces an item that does
absolutely nothing and yet the item receives rave reviews in all the
high end audio magazines. And so a myth is born.

Archimago I know full well that you despise this behavior but I can't
but feeling that your very polite responses to these myths is like
bringing a knife to a gun fight. The behavior of almost the entire high
end industry, from manufactures to reviewers to salespeople, is
despicable and needs to be treated not with respect but with scorn.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: LMS 7.9 on dedicated windows 10 computer w/2 Drobos